(last updated on 8/6/2003)
Career Objective: Multimedia
Summary: Creative pioneer of
synthesis solutions for multimedia fusion in
edu-tainment experience. Multi-tasking team leader
understanding and hands on experience in realizing creative ideas
using technical tools.
Multimedia / Multimedia Production & Design
Founder. Clients include: Health
Washington Square Inn San Francisco, Red Dog
Construction Management & Development Corporation, MauiBuilt Machines.
Resource Corporation - "DRC" / Digital Werks Corporation
Maui Research and Technology Center.
Home of the world's third largest super computer.
Multimedia Director / Sound Designer / Composer
1986-1993 Jungle Production / Sound & Light Design.
Technical Engineer / Programmer / Designer / Composer
Clients included: Patrick Moraz (keyboardist for YES and The Moody Blues),
Constance Demby, Ed Robinson, Marty Dread & Culture Shock.
- Created, directed and produced edu-tainment CD-ROM's based in cross-cultural
myths, legends and history for educational entertainment.
- Currently developing interactive DVD courseware on the subject of Women
In Classical Music.
- Developed multi-media content for Search
For Pele; A Legendary Adventure In Hawaii CD-ROM:
- Selected, hired and supervised team players. Created an environment
where team worked together and brought the Search For Pele CD-ROM project
to successful completion on time and within budget.
- Solved budget and scheduling issues.
- Programmed all navigation & basic code with Lingo in Macromedia
- Edited music loops, sound design, voice overs in SoundEdit.
- Edited over 30 QuickTime videos using Adobe Premiere.
- Digitally enhanced/optimized all photos, created characters' faces,
interface design & graphics with Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
- Created all 2D animation using Adobe Photoshop & Macromedia Director.
- Conceptualized 3D animations.
- Taught Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to artists.
- Beta tested Search For Pele on multi-platforms & systems.
- Created graphics for Virtual
- Created digital storyboard for Menehune Magic CD-ROM:
- Shot all preliminary digital photos for storyboard.
- Worked with artists creating characters for storyboard.
- Assembled digital storyboard in Macromedia Director.
- Interviewed, selected & directed new team.
- Created & used the universal language of icons to convey messages for Touch
Screen Information Kiosks in Hawaiian hotels.Worked with artist to establish
user friendly interface.
Digital Sound Design:
- Composed sound tracks for film, video, CD-ROM & Web.
- Recorded live music then edited/optimized for CD-ROM use as 8 bit mono sample
- Enhanced the feel of each experience on CD-ROM / Web journey using appropriate
sound design and background music.
2 CDs of original music:
- Designed & printed the CD covers & CD labels.
- Burned the CD's & assembled product.
- Programmed all MIDI.
- Transcribed, arranged and orchestrated music on CD's.
- Created MP3 files and streaming audio for the internet.
- Provided hardware/software requirements analysis of digital music MIDI studio
& notation for various composers including Constance
Demby. Rapidly deployed implementation of software and hardware package.
Transcribed composer's hand written music into digital notation.
- Created Women in Classical Music musical hybrid CD-ROM. Researched subject,
recorded music, created inter-active demo in Macromedia Director using photos,
graphics, buttons, text & music.
- Technically assisted Patrick Moraz, keyboardist for YES &
The Moody Blues, who wanted to focus primarily on creative composition
and film scoring. Handled and integrated technical/audio/MIDI/computer challenges.
This resulted in successful scoring of Swiss feature films and a live Tour
of Japan on time and under budget .
- Assisted in scoring films (including Snake Eyes starring Malcolm
- Linked sounds using SMPTE to visual events on film.
- Integrated and programmed 20+ MIDI linked synthesizers.
- Set up all equipment for Japan Tour.
- Resolved compatibility issues on multi-computers between synthesizers,
computers, MIDI, audio & SMPTE.
- Recorded whales & dolphins in their natural ocean habitat with hydro-phones
on a boat; used whale sounds to trigger synthesizer sounds on board boat;
played synthesizer with whales & dolphins.
- Used dolphin
sounds to trigger synthesizers using pitch to MIDI converter interface
& created interspecies compositions.
- Designed sound & lighting throughout Hawaii including Maui's upcountry club
Casanovas & Longhi's in Lahaina.
- Played keyboards on Marty Dread & Culture Shock's Versatile
Roots music CD.
- Designed / Composed / Performed music and sound for therapeutic VibraSound
waterbed. Vibrations played through transducer speakers under waterbed as
clients lay on top.
- Studied piano for 35+ years.
- Regular Sunday night pianist at historic No
Name Bar in Sausalito.
IT & Networking:
- Spearheaded the creation of LAN network for Mac, Windows & Unix corporate
computer systems solving compatability issues & file sharing between the different
- Used LAN network to provide internet access & back-up to all computers on
- Solved compatibility and networking problems for president of Health
Valley Corporation. Company had come to a standstill because client's
documents were unreadable.
- Made documents universally compatible, solved hardware, software, computer
& internet related problems.
- Resolved on-line bugs in software.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere
- Quark XPress
- Macromedia Director
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Macromedia Flash
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- MS Project
- Gif Animator
- Elastic Reality
- Opcode Vision
- Microsoft Windows
- 1994 Denver Business College
Graphic Design Major
- 1979 UCLA
Los Angeles, CA
Piano Performance Major, Art Minor
- Conversational in French, Spanish & Japanese.
- Traveled around the world.
- Set two world
tandem distance records flying over Mt. Whitney in a hang-glider.
- Won 4th place in Lightweight in a Hawaiian Body Building Contest.
- Annual one week off-road survival training & self-sustaining quest in desert.